Get latest sprint name from Epic stories

Samuel November 6, 2019

Hi,

Using groovy or scriptrunner, I want to get the latest sprint name that has longest timeline or close at last.

Lets say, EPIC-1 stories are distributed in 3 sprints with different end date.

Epic 1:

-sprint 1 - Timeline: 10-28-2019 to 11-15-2019

--- Story1

--- Story2

-Sprint 2 - TImeline:  11-04-2019 to 11-12-2019

--- Story1

--- Story2

-Sprint 3 - TImeline:  11-04-2019 to 11-29-2019

--- Story1

--- Story2

The script should return "Sprint 3" name. I able to find the sprint name and date value for each sprint but i not sure how to compare date for each sprint and get the latest sprint date.

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Raju Mandapaka February 18, 2021

Hi @Samuel 

Is that code worked???

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

Assuming your sprints are in an array, you could just sort them.

def lastSprindByEndDate = sprints.sort{it.endDate}.last()
def lastSprintName = lastSprintByEndDate.name
def lastEndDate = lastSprintByEndDate.endDate
Raju Mandapaka February 25, 2021

Hi @Peter-Dave Sheehan ,

Where to run this script and what kind of script is this, we need to purchase any extra plugins for running these scripts??

Could you please let me know.

Thanks,

Raju

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2021

If you look in the tags for this question is it includes scriptrunner and script-listener.

So this means that you need the ScriptRunner for Jira Server add-on and this is configured within that application using a custom script listener.

If you don't know what that means, I would suggest you start with https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/latest/get-started

Suggest an answer