Get data from People page in Project settings

david-madon September 14, 2022

Hi!

I've spent the last hour trying to understand how I can get a list of roles and people assigned to those roles in a project. Basically the same as what is being displayed in the People page in the Project Settings:

SCR-20220914-n2w.png

The background for this being, we need an overview of who has each role in a project and since Jira is already our single point of truth we want to get it from there. If we try to keep this data anywhere else it would get old within a week...

Preferably I want to embed it in our own dashboard so everyone can easily see who's the Dev Lead in a project (or any other role for that matter).
Another option could be to embed it in a confluence page, something like a Project Overview doc.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

It can be done using the REST API. The endpoints you are looking for are a combination of Get project paginated, Get project roles for project, and Get project role for project.

david-madon September 14, 2022

Thanks for the pointer @Mikael Sandberg 

I'll go do some test requests in Postman now :)

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events