Get all issues of board

Vishnuteerth Ibharampur November 29, 2017

SQL Query to show all issues tasks AND subtasks in the board

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

Hello 

Board is nothing more than a view on a set of issues. Issues on the boards are fetched from a JQL filter itself. Thus, if you go into the board configuration and see the saved filer then you can see the list of issues appearing of the Board.

If it's a scrum board and you are only interested in issues an an Sprint. Then you can use JQL like "Sprint = <value>" and this will fetch you the list of issues in that sprint.

i need specific SQL Query sir

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

Can you please tell me your use-case? Why do you need to query directly DB when JQL provides the same functionality. 

I need data from SQLServer query as i'm generating a report to another application. I cannot do this in JQL.

For a Agile / kanban board i need to get all issues ,tasks & subtasks of that  board

Tarun Sapra November 29, 2017

Though by using JQL you can export data in CSV and almost all applications accept CSV data to be imported. But still if you want to go ahead with SQL only. Then here is a similar question

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/SQL-query-to-get-issues-on-specific-board-that-are-in-backlog/qaq-p/510379

It is unresolved thread 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2017

Yes, but it has some answers.

Please be aware that SQL is the worst possible way to do this - depending on what issue data you want, you could be trying to use 40+ joins.  Please, start with a JQL Search over the REST interface.

Suggest an answer