Get all issues of board

SQL Query to show all issues tasks AND subtasks in the board

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Nov 29, 2017

Hello 

Board is nothing more than a view on a set of issues. Issues on the boards are fetched from a JQL filter itself. Thus, if you go into the board configuration and see the saved filer then you can see the list of issues appearing of the Board.

If it's a scrum board and you are only interested in issues an an Sprint. Then you can use JQL like "Sprint = <value>" and this will fetch you the list of issues in that sprint.

i need specific SQL Query sir

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Nov 29, 2017

Can you please tell me your use-case? Why do you need to query directly DB when JQL provides the same functionality. 

I need data from SQLServer query as i'm generating a report to another application. I cannot do this in JQL.

For a Agile / kanban board i need to get all issues ,tasks & subtasks of that  board

Though by using JQL you can export data in CSV and almost all applications accept CSV data to be imported. But still if you want to go ahead with SQL only. Then here is a similar question

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/SQL-query-to-get-issues-on-specific-board-that-are-in-backlog/qaq-p/510379

It is unresolved thread 

Yes, but it has some answers.

Please be aware that SQL is the worst possible way to do this - depending on what issue data you want, you could be trying to use 40+ joins.  Please, start with a JQL Search over the REST interface.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

454 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you