Get all assigned ticket between 2 dates

Ajay Verma May 6, 2017

I would like to filter out all issues which were assigned to "XYZ" between 1st May to 5th May. 

Note:- assignee may be changed in between so i used 'was'

I wrote this query 

assignee was XYZ AND updatedDate < "2017/05/06 00:00" AND updatedDate > "2017/04/30 00:00"order by updated DESC

But, all is correct except this fails on one special case.

This is giving me those issues too which were assigned to me earlier before these dates --

because these issues may be updated in these dates range.

I could not sort it out as there is no such thing assignedDate in Atlassian, please sort this out.

"How to find all issues which are assigned to me between given dates ?"

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2017

You could try something like:

assignee was currentuser() AFTER 2017-05-01 and assignee was currentuser() BEFORE 2017-05-10

It will still give you issues that had the Current User as assignee outside that date range if they had been assigned to that user previously. So you might further refine based on other criteria as you did in your own example.

e.g.: assignee was currentuser() AFTER 2017-05-01 and assignee was currentuser() BEFORE 2017-05-10 and updated > startOfMonth()

Ajay Verma May 6, 2017

yeah, it will not solve the problem completely but now i have more refined result.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2017

You could use the 'WAS' operator with 'DURING' to simplfy:

assignee WAS currentuser() AFTER 2017-05-01 AND assignee WAS currentuser() BEFORE 2017-05-10

to:

assignee WAS currentuser() DURING (2017-05-01,2017-05-10) 
Like Aubrey Robertson likes this

Suggest an answer