Get all JIRA User Group names for a Project using Jelly

rahulkhire July 2, 2013

I need to get all the JIRA Groups that are members of a JIRA project using Jelly.

I can get the actual users GetProjectRoleActors. This also gives the users that are part of the group. But how can I get the Group name?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Pinn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

This will do the trick:

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.JiraTagLib" xmlns:core="jelly:core">
    <jira:GetProjectRoleActors projectkey="ABC" projectroleid="10001" var="roleactors" >
        <core:invoke on="${roleactors}" method="getRoleActorsByType" var="groups">
            <core:arg type="java.lang.String" value="atlassian-group-role-actor" />
        </core:invoke>
        <core:forEach var="actor" items="${groups}">
            ${actor.group.name}
        </core:forEach>
    </jira:GetProjectRoleActors>
</JiraJelly>

Of course, you'll need to specify your own project key in place of my 'ABC', and you'll need to use the correct projectroleid in place of my '10001'.

rahulkhire September 5, 2013

David,

Is there a similar way of getting just the Users in a particular role and getting their User Ids. I am trying the below script, I get the users but they are in the form of [user1:1] How can I get just the user name? I tried actor.users.name, actors.users.id.

<jira:GetProjectRoleActors projectkey="ABC" projectroleid="10002" var="roleactors" >
	<core:invoke on="${roleactors}" method="getRoleActorsByType" var="usernames">
		<core:arg type="java.lang.String" value="atlassian-user-role-actor" />
	<core:forEach var="actor" items="${usernames}">
		Testing: ${actor.users}
</jira:GetProjectRoleActors>

0 votes
Jaroslaw November 4, 2013

To get users you need to do the second loop because {actor.getUsers()} is a Set.

<core:invoke on="${roleactors}" method="getRoleActorsByType" var="users">
  <core:arg type="java.lang.String" value="atlassian-user-role-actor" />

<core:forEach var="actor" items="${users}">
   <core:forEach var="user" items="${actor.getUsers()}">
     Name: ${user.getName()}, Display Name: ${user.getDisplayName()}, Email: ${user.getEmailAddress()}

0 votes
rahulkhire July 2, 2013

Perfect! Thanks

Suggest an answer