Get a log of Backlog changes

Tobias Schönit June 2, 2016

We have several people that are able to modify the order of backlog items. (I know this is not meant to be that way;-) ) How can I see what changed in the backlog over time?

Another alternative would be to restrict access to the modification of the backlog order. How would I do this?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Changing the order of backlog items is changing the rank. You need the 'Schedule Issue' permission to do that. You can restrict who can do it by adjusting the project permissions.

Also, you can track the rank changes by looking a the History of the JIRA ticket.

Tobias Schönit June 5, 2016

The drawback is that I need to check every ticket after the other. Is there a way to get e.g. all rank changes during the last week (including author)?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

There is no way to do that now. You will have to rely on add-ons to do that. Not sure if there is one that gives that functionality.

Tobias Schönit June 6, 2016

I now made a SQL query to give me that. 

SELECT 
   grp.created, 
   grp.author, 
   (prj.pkey::text || '-'::text) || issue.issuenum AS ticket, 
   issue.summary, 
   item.newstring
FROM 
   jiraissue issue, changegroup grp, changeitem item, project prj
WHERE
   issue.id = grp.issueid 
   AND prj.id = issue.project 
   AND item.groupid = grp.id 
   AND item.field::text = 'Rang'::text 
   AND prj.pkey::text = 'XRWE'::text
ORDER BY grp.created DESC;
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2016

or Database. Yes smile

Suggest an answer