Get a list of issue keys

Gena Welk April 3, 2023

I have created an automation (which will run once per day)  to resolve issues that have a status of Done and have not been touched in 15 or more days.

status = "Done" AND updated < -15d AND resolution = Unresolved

Now I want to send an email with a list of issue keys that were changed as a result of the automation.  How do I do this? (What do I enter into the "Content" of the email message?)Screenshot 2023-04-03 111014.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023
To send an email with a list of issue keys that were changed as a result of your automation, you can use the "Send email" action in your Jira automation rule.

1. Start by creating a new automation rule or editing an existing one.
2. Add a new action and select "Send email".
3. In the "Recipient(s)" field, enter the email address(es) you want to send the list of issue keys to.
4. In the "Subject" field, enter a descriptive subject for the email, such as "List of Issues Automatically Resolved Today".
5. In the "Content" field, you can use the following syntax to include a list of issue keys that were changed as a result of your automation: ``` {% for is in issues %} {{ is.key }} {% endfor %} ``` This will loop through all the issues that were changed and include their keys in the email message.
6. You can also add additional information or context to the email message by including text before or after the for loop. It's important to note that if you want to include additional information about each issue beyond just the key, such as the summary or description, you will need to use a third-party add-on like Advanced Notifications for Jira.
Gena Welk April 3, 2023

Thank you @Riley Venable .  I tried that but it did not give me the desired results.  Instead of 1 email with 200+ issues listed, I received 200+ issues and each email had only 1 issue listed.

I entered this into the content of my email in the automation:

``` {% for is in issues %} {{issue.key}} {% endfor %} ```

Will a different syntax give me the desired result of one email with all the issues listed within it?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events