Get Workflow status change date

Anilkumar Kunnukattil Sudhi December 4, 2012

Hi,

In our JIRA workflow we have a status called Acknowledged but we are not capturing the Acknowledged date in any fields. I can see the Acknowledged date from transition history but we want to create a filter to get this acknowledged date for all our issues.

Is there any way we can achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Anil

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

There is JIRA Misc Custom Fields plugin which adds Transition Date/Time Field custom field type. You can use it to define additional custom field which will show date and time when issue transitioned to Acknowledged status. No workflow changes will be necessary for this additional custom field and also all your existing issues will have this calculated custom date/time field.

Anilkumar Kunnukattil Sudhi December 6, 2012

Thanks Raimonds!

But can we install it on OnDemand JIRA?

Thanks,

Anil

Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

No, this plugin is not available for OnDemand.

But I found that JIRA Suite Utilities plugin is available for OnDemand and it has workflow post function which can update custom date field to current date. You can modify your workflow and and this function to store transition to Acknowledged status date. But in this case only new transition dates will be recorded and not existing historical data.

Anilkumar Kunnukattil Sudhi December 10, 2012

Thanks Raimonds, this went well.

4 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2012

Hi Anil,

Since you would like to capture the date/time when an issue is transitioned to the Acknowledged status, I believe that this perhaps could be possible by using the "Update Issue Custom Field" post function. Basically as a suggestion to achieve this, you may try the following:
- Create a custom field of the type Date Time
- Map the custom field to the screen that is associated to the View Issue operation
- Edit the current workflow, specifically go to the transition that links to the Acknowledged status
- Add the Update Issue Custom Field post function
- Select the created Date Time custom field, and add the following value to the Custom Field Value box:
%%CURRENT_DATETIME%%
- Publish the draft workflow, and try to execute the workflow transition

I hope that this will help.

Cheers.

Anilkumar Kunnukattil Sudhi December 10, 2012

Hello Ahmad,

Thansks for your detailed steps; i tried the same and worked fine.

Thanks Again,

Anil

Petra Tříšková July 9, 2018

This is perfect! Thanks

1 vote
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2019

For those still interested in this, Time in Status app by OBSS produces reports that show first/last status transition dates for each status. The app also includes reports that show  how much time each issues spent in each status, assignee or group; number of times each status or transition was used.

All report data can be exported as XLS, XLSX or CSV.

Suggest an answer