Get Feature link for child issues in a Next gen project

Timothy Johnston October 13, 2019

I am migrating from a Next-Gen to a Classic project.

I am aware that the link is not maintained; so to rebuild the epic, I want to get a report of the Feature --> Child relationship in the next-gen issues; and then either update the issues via CSV upload; or (gasp) manually.

I can't find a way to get this report. Any idea?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2019

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On next-gen projects, currently, when we search for an issue it does not show the Epic information, such as name, color, link, and status.

Also, as you mentioned, when we move from next-gen to classic the link between parent-child is lost. We have feature requests suggesting the implementation of those abilities:

Can you please let us know if there are many parent-child on the project? A workaround would be checking each epic and take this information directly on the Epics.

Please, let us know if it works for you.

Regards,
Angélica

Timothy Johnston October 17, 2019

Hello Angélica

We currently have 25 Epics, with variable number of children issues in there.

Our work around at the moment is to add a label that matches the Epic name to each issue. Then we'll move the tasks, and then add them to a new Epic with the labels.

I don't really understand your work around.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2019

That’s a great workaround, thanks for sharing.

The workaround I mentioned would be more manual, by taking screenshots or taking notes.

Suggest an answer