Gerrit Plugin Tab Disappeared After Server Move / Jira Upgrade

Hello!

We recently migrated our Jira instance to a new server (via XML export / moving contents of jira_home to a new server running the same version of JIRA, 6.3.6).  Then, we immediately upgraded to JIRA 6.4.2.  About a day later (not everyone uses this plugin as part of their workflow), with everything else running fine, we noticed that the Gerrit plugin button / tab not showing up on the issue view.  The plugin still existing under Add-Ins in the administration area, though.

We've confirmed the new box can reach the Gerrit server (via both HTTPS and SSH), and we're not seeing any gerrit-plugin-related errors in the application logs.  What should our next troubleshooting steps be?  Re-install the plugin?  Is there another log file we should look at?

Thanks!

Tony

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

We figured this out, but just in case anyone else has the same issue: re-uploading the key restored functionality for us.  I'm guessing we reset file permissions on the old key when it was imported from the other server, and re-uploading was the way to "fix" these permissions.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

196 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you