Generic events - templates - how to?

Rumceisz July 15, 2013

Hi All,

we just configured new email templates to our Jira.

I'd like to know what about those events which are not configured to a workflow? E.g. Issue commented, worklog added, issue deleted, etc.

Where can I set a custom email template for these?

Thanks,
Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Hi,

If you want to replace the original velocity templates, review the file WEB-INF/classes/email-template-id-mapping.xml and the directory WEB-INF/classes/templates/email. The file maps events to email templates, while the directory stores the text and html versions for each template, plus some common functions.

Jira sends text or html by default (global configuration), and every user can override this in the profile.

So, In your case, if you have a replacement for every mail template , save the *.vm files in txt and html versions as *_old.vml, and add your customized files. Then review the email-template-id-mapping.xml file and restart Jira.

HTH

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2013

Um, they're in the email templates folder, as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customising+Email+Content

I'm a little hesitant to answer on this one, because you say you've been configuring new email templates, which is something you'd usually do via the link I've given, hence I'm not sure I've understood where you're stuck.

Rumceisz July 15, 2013

Hi Nic,

thanks for the fast reply!

let me explain: I could deloyed all transition related custom template: e.g. issue resolve, issue create, issue close, etc.

There is a special project which need these custom templates for all event types. I could finally deployed most of them simply creating custom events and put them into their workflow as post functions.

But what about the event related templates? E.g. add comment, add worklog, etc? There is no place to put a rule for these? So there are no such a post function where I could put them.

Thanks,

Rumi

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2013

Comment, log work, etc, all in the email template directory that I thought you'd already found because you've been editing templates.

But I think you're actually talking about the calls to them, not the templates now?

Rumceisz July 15, 2013

yes, you're right!

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

The only way to customize comment, add worklog ... email templates, specifically for a project is putting and if - else in template itself, looking for the project that originated the event.

Its a bit crappy, but is the only way I see to customize them

HTH

Suggest an answer