Generating Report on JIRA with the Last comment updated/ Last remark made on ticket

Sumanth Y S November 28, 2013

Hi,

I have been working on JIRA tool since 6 months. I have a query on how to generate a report in Excel sheet with customized column " Last Updated Comment" or " Last remark done" added to the query I already have.

Please help me in getting customized. I want this, while generating Shift reports on the tickets been worked, and the tickets in Queue to be worked upon in next shift. This would really eaze out our work typing the Remarks after genearting the report on spreadsheet.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you,

Y S, Sumanth

Cognizant

3 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2013

Jira doesn't expose the most recent comment other than at the bottom of the list of comments.

The easiest approach to fixing this is to use a field that exposes the last comment as a simple field. There is a "last comment" plugin out there that does it specifically, and I think it's available as a field in some other plugins too. It's also possible to do it as a "scripted field" using the script runner.

I usually add the field to all issues and projects globally, but don't put it on any screens. If you do that, then it doesn't duplicate the comment box, but it becomes available in the issue navigator and all the other outputs automatically.

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

you can configure issue navigator colums , check this doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Customising+your+Issue+Navigator

and also check this doc to export search results to excel

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Exporting+Search+Results+to+Microsoft+Excel

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2013

I'm afraid this does not answer the question.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

@Nic, i thought " Last Updated Comment" or " Last remark done" is custom field and i am not aware about "last comment" plugin :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2013

No, those fields are created by plugins or code, they're not built into Jira

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2013

Thanks Nic to point about that field, i seen that following plugin have that field

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.capitalcityconsultants.jira.plugins.customfields.ccc-lastcomment

0 votes
Sumanth Y S December 2, 2013

Thank you very much for the quick response!

Let me check with my admin and get back to you if needed more help.

Jort SNIJDERS January 22, 2021

Did it work?

Suggest an answer