Generate custom reports

Munal Santra January 4, 2012

I am a new user for Jira and was wondering if there is a way to generate custom reports instead of the preset parameters?

10 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2012

Take a look on eazyBI reporting application with JIRA integration. It will perform regular import from JIRA and will create several pre-defined sample reports as well as you can create custom reports using any standard JIRA fields as well as selected custom fields. You can create reports, charts and dashboards in easy drag-and-drop style.

Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2012

Now also installable eazyBI reports and charts plugin for JIRA is available from Atlassian Marketplace.

6 votes
All-In-One Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2014

Hi,

You can try https://www.jirareports.com. It is a cloud based tool that allows creation of free form reports for OnDemand and hosted Jira instances. It offers different types of reports such as bar chart, matrix reports etc. and has a rich set of features available, such as publishing the reports, calculated fields and export capabilities.

Thanks

JiraReports

Thomas O'Grady March 11, 2019

Link does not work?

Like # people like this
Navarambh Software - Gmail
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2019

Hi,

Here is the updated link for the App: AIO Reports and Timesheets for Jira, one of the Top Selling reporting Apps for Jira!

Regards

AIO Support

Navarambh Software - Gmail
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2020

Thank you for reporting this. The link has been fixed now. Below is the link again:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212942/aio-reports-and-timesheets-for-jira

Like Maksim_Feshchanka likes this
Maksim_Feshchanka January 16, 2020

Thanks, it works now.

5 votes
Tim Watts June 2, 2013

Coming slightly late to the party I have a couple of comments:

1) I'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of an inbuilt generic reporting tool. Eg I spend some time maintaining work logs in detail. Can I find or create a report to summarise my work logs by label, by project, by task (rolling up sub tasks)? So far, the answer seems to be "no".

2) Reporting add-ons at x-thousand dollars (for 500 users) is fair enough of the tool is super advanced - but this is not really an excuse for the lack of basic customisable reporting in Jira (which already costs x-thousand dollars). That's a personal rant - even Microsoft offer more flexibility when you buy their software. Yes I know about the more basic and much cheaper Timesheep add on, but this solves the example problem above and then you are back to square one.

3) One thing that everyone seems to have overlooked is: just run SQL queries against the underlying database. Add perl if the reports need to be more complex/web based/pretty. This is *exactly* what perl and SQL were made for. Replace perl with sensible scripting language of choice. So far, it seems the database is clean and lends itself to this type of querying.

Given that I'm not about to ask to spend large amounts of money, I will go with option 3 :)

Still disappointed...

4 votes
Jüri Kaljundi November 24, 2014

You can generate daily, weekly or monthly reports using Weekdone JIRA reporting and dashboards add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.weekdone.atlassian-connect.jira 

It's mainly to get a really quick and simple visual overview of how you or your team is doing.  

dashboard.png

marketplace-screen-2-crop.pngscreen-project-dashboard.pngwallboard-demo-2.png

Consulente Atlassian May 4, 2017

It's a shame that there is no server version

2 votes
Marcel Nick April 26, 2017

Hi Munal,

Also take a look at VIEW26 - Insights & Reporting for Software Testing on JIRA available on Atlassian marketplace.

VIEW26 brings to you features like instant charts & KPI, Plug n Play integration to popular testing tools like Zephyr, TestRail, HP-ALM etc, aggregation and correlation of data across multiple tools, one click sharing of reports and many more.

1 vote
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2013

Hi Munal,

Have you seen the Intelligent Reports plugin? It lets you design your templates in Word for easy formatting, then fill in the templates with simple, powerful point and click rules. You can do charts, tables, custom fields, work logs, issue history, projects, versions, components, etc. Try it out and see if it meets your needs.

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2012

Many users succeed with implementing custom reports using the JIRA PDF View Plugin.

Sample reports:

1. Sales report
  2. Gantt project report
  3. Traceability report

The plugin at Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/5167

Tutorials:

1. Implementing your reporting logic
  2. Drawing charts in the reports
  3. Bringing it all together (customization guide)

(Discl: this plugin is our product.)

Tudor Hofnar November 12, 2012

Thanks Ferenc, does this plugin work with OnDemand JIRA?

Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2012

unfortunately not.

OnDemand does not allow 3rd party plugins at the moment, although Atlassian is actively working on a technology called "remote plugins" (aka "plugin three") that allows to integrate external plugins with OnDemand. as soon as it goes into production, we will leverage it.

1 vote
Audrey Gil April 12, 2012

Is this the only solution to create reports in JIRA?

Are creating filters and exporting to Excel or Word, etc. the only capabiliy JIRA has within the system?

Tudor Hofnar October 26, 2012

any answer to this question? I am also looking for more detail about reporting, without having to use another tool for another $50/month

All-In-One Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2014

Hi, You can try https://www.jirareports.com. It is a cloud based tool that allows creation of free form reports for OnDemand and hosted Jira instances. It offers different types of reports such as bar chart, matrix reports etc. and has a rich set of features available, such as publishing the reports, calculated fields and export capabilities. Thanks JiraReports

0 votes
Riaz Raza January 4, 2021

This has been my biggest frustration, but then I was able to connect Jira with Power BI using Jira APIs. I have made it opensource and you can get it from here,

https://github.com/KoderLabs/jira-powerbi-template

Using Power BI, you can create all sort of reports you want without much hassle. Before going with Power BI, I tried creating a plugin, but creating a plugin for every report takes too much time and is too much hassle to manage a lot of reports.

0 votes
Evgeny Zislis October 29, 2012

You can create your own plugins, there is a tutorial that explains it in detail on the Atlassian wiki - https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Creating+a+JIRA+Report

Suggest an answer