Generate Report for specific Status in JIRA 5.2

Jayant Bhoge March 24, 2014

I want to generate report for the ticket status as - Developement In Progress but I an unable to generate if in JIRA 5.2.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2014

Run a search for the issues in that status, save it as a filter and then use it in whatever reporting is most appropriate.

I'm afraid we can't tell you any more than that based on your question - finding issues is pretty much a core function in Jira and you need to get to grips with it (as with a lot of stuff in Jira, the interface looks a bit fussy, but it really is very easy to ask for "list of issues in status X")

Jayant Bhoge March 24, 2014

Thanks .. Seems that I got the answer :)

Jayant Bhoge March 25, 2014

Hi,

I could generate the Status Report for particular Status using search option but unable to get the total time spent by users in this stauts.

Is there any way to know the total time spent by user at particular status?

Jayant Bhoge March 25, 2014

I could generate the Status Report for particular Status using search option but unable to get the total time spent by users in this stauts.

Is there any way to know the total time spent by user at particular status?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2014

Try adding the timetracking fields to your "status report" (I've no idea what you mean by status report - you haven't told us what you're running, but the issue navigator that handles searches allows you to select what fields you want)

Jayant Bhoge March 26, 2014

Hi Nic,

I am doing Issue search. There I get filter like Project, Issue Type, Status and Assignee by default. I have selected "Development In Progress" status to filterout the results.

Now I want to know how much time has been spent on individual ticket/case till now under "Development In Progress" Status.

Please let me know if there is any way to filter out my search to get such report.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2014

Add the timetracking fields to your issue navigator columns

I have added Time Spent in my issue navigator but it's not showing any value for non of the issues type.

My current JIRA version is 5.2. Is there anything else for this version or does this functionality support in 5.2?

THanks for your suggestons so far

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2014

The time tracking stuff has been in Jira since at least version 3.

If it's not showing any values, then you've not got any data in there. What are your users logging?

I have attached the screen shot what I am looking as a part of Issue Search Results.

1. Time In Source Status

2. Last Execution Date

Please advice.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2014

I'm afraid Answers has quietly dropped your screenshot.

However, I'm not sure what you're talking about now - time in source status and last execution date are nothing to do with the time tracking...

Attached is Screenshot for your reference.

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2014

Nope, no screenshot. Sorry.

Jayant Bhoge March 27, 2014

Trying to attach it again

Jayant Bhoge March 27, 2014

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2014

Ahh, I see, you've confused me by saying "time spent".

Time spent by a user is NOT the same as "time in status". If I get assigned 5 issues, and I work on them sequentially, and all of them take 3 hours to deal with, I will spend 15 hours on them. The "time in status" will show 3h, 3h, 16h, 3h, 3h.

Time in status is not natively displayable on the issue navigator, it's too complex a field to show in a small column.

Jayant Bhoge April 13, 2014

I have got my queries resolved.

Thanks for your assistance

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2014

If you want Answers to stop emailing you reminders, it's easiest to mark the best answer as correct - look for the tick mark to the left of it

Mohamed_Asalam September 21, 2014

Jayant, how did you solve this, I have similar requirement, please share your solution with us.

Like Dražen Mijoč likes this

Suggest an answer