General time tracking

Malcolm McKechnie May 13, 2013

Hi, we've just started using JIRA as a means to track production issues. The goal was to log task due dates and completion more so than logging actual time spent. This function works well. Having grown accustomed to the interface, we thought that the TEMPO plug-in would be worthwhile trialling as well. i.e. As a means to create time sheets for general tasks and activities. After some exploration however, I can only seem to log work specifically and only against issues particular to a project. There seems to be a function whereby you can add ‘internal issues’ to the list. However it seems to be setup to track special activities as opposed to general project work. So I have a number of questions.

111. Can you customise this Internal list without effecting overall project performance?

2. 2. Is there another feature that allows you to track general tasks to make TEMPO suitable for more ‘big picture’ timesheet entry?

3. 3. Is there another plug-in or sister product that would perhaps do this better?

At the end of the day, it would be ideal if we could use the same system / database that manages both of these elements effectively.

1 answer

0 votes
Joel Caballero May 20, 2013

I too would like to know how to do this. How do you track Project Management ours? Would be nice to just track against an Account.

Right now, I'm planning on using a general Project Managment Project. That project could be owned by many different Accounts. Then the issues inside that Project would pertain to those different accounts. I've also added the custom field with account.

I'm not sure if this is best practice.

Suggest an answer