General settings of newly created projects

Tomáš Vlach December 14, 2016

Hello,

i would like to ask if its possible to somehow change general settings of newly created projects.

Whenever i create new project doesnt matter if its Agile, Kanban or Basic, everytime its set and create itself Workflow Scheme, Screen Scheme and all other stuff, i would like to know i theres any chance to set, which Scheme will be default for every newly created projects. Thank you so much.

Have a nice day,

Tomas

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2016

Hi Tomas,

Good and rightful point. It is possible to create a project based on the configuration of another project. When you choose to create a new project, select "create with shared configuration" in the dialog. You will be able to select another project to copy the schemes from:

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 09.43.58.png

This way, you could set up some template project that has your default settings in it. And it may help you limit your number of schemes, which is definitely the right thing to do from a governance perspective.

The shared configuration contains:

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 09.49.18.png

0 votes
Tomáš Vlach December 14, 2016

Hi Walter,

thanks for quick answer, this is what i was looking for, nice! Thank you so much.

Suggest an answer