General settings of newly created projects

Hello,

i would like to ask if its possible to somehow change general settings of newly created projects.

Whenever i create new project doesnt matter if its Agile, Kanban or Basic, everytime its set and create itself Workflow Scheme, Screen Scheme and all other stuff, i would like to know i theres any chance to set, which Scheme will be default for every newly created projects. Thank you so much.

Have a nice day,

Tomas

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi Tomas,

Good and rightful point. It is possible to create a project based on the configuration of another project. When you choose to create a new project, select "create with shared configuration" in the dialog. You will be able to select another project to copy the schemes from:

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 09.43.58.png

This way, you could set up some template project that has your default settings in it. And it may help you limit your number of schemes, which is definitely the right thing to do from a governance perspective.

The shared configuration contains:

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 09.49.18.png

Hi Walter,

thanks for quick answer, this is what i was looking for, nice! Thank you so much.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,198 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you