Gantt-chart for Jira menu missing

Edward Sears February 18, 2014

Hi. I am running jira 6.1 and I wanted to try out the Gantt-Chart plugin for free first before purchasing. I installed the plugin and configured it. I restarted Jira but i do not see the Gantt-Chart drop down menu on the main navigation of Jira. I installed another plugin which was by tempo and it included a drop down menu automatically at install which was nice for navigation purposes. Do you know how to enable this?

3 answers

0 votes
Alexander Küken
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Dear Edward,

the Gantt-Chart on the dashboard is a jira gadget. You can place it on the dashboard via the "Add gadget" function in the upper right corner of the dashboard. The Gadget should be listed in the gadget list and you can easyly add it to the dashboard.

Edward Sears February 19, 2014

Hi. Yeah i saw that but what i was looking for was more of a drop down menu. I'm thinking on the earlier jira versions pre- 6.1, there was a gantt-chart drop down menu and since i have jira 6.1 i'm not seeing it.

0 votes
Edward Sears February 18, 2014

Yes i'm positive it's not showing. I checked the manage add ons again and all of the modules are enabled. (92 of 92 enabled) to be exact. now if i go to a project, on the left side i'll see gantt-chart menu, but that's not what i was talking that it's missing. if you look at the top, you see Dashboards, projects, issues, etc. I saw some screenshots that show Gant-chart but on mine it doesn't show that. When i installed a tempo plugin, tempo was added after issues.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

Are you sure that it displays it? Have you gone to Manage Add Ons and make sure that all the modules for that add on is enabled?

As far as I know, the Gantt-Chart does not have a tab like Agile.

Suggest an answer