Gantt Chart view broken in Firefox

William Gunkel September 24, 2014

Sent email to ''gantt@polscheit.de'' for my JIRA instance the Project summary view of Gantt chart layout is broken in Firefox

Firefox view

FireFoxViewofGantt.jpg

Chrome View

ChromeViewOfGantt.jpg

Also noted issue with issue view screen if Gantt chart is added. Need to manually refresh the screen if you switch between filters. Even loading the filter view first time sometimes needs page to be refreshed

3 answers

1 vote
William Gunkel September 24, 2014

Given the cost of the plugin I would have expected work with common browser OR at very least clear statement that its optimized for Browser X

So far I have noted number of issues and unexpected short-comings. For instance the Gadget Gantt chart cannot be expected to full page making the chart less then useful on your dashboard

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Agree. BTW: I have added the tag "addon-de.polscheit.jira.plugins.gantt" to your question. That makes it easier for those searching for specific tags to find your question here.

1 vote
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

It seems, the Gantt-Chart for JIRA by Frank Polscheit is quite dependent on the used browsers and its versions, see also Gantt-Plugin: Can't expand tree after shrink personal or fix-version.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2014

This is fixed in Gantt-Chart v3.1.6, which is already available from my server at http://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/gantt-3.1.6-JIRA6.jar. I have tested my add-on using Firefox v30 and v33.0.2 on OSX as well as v33.02 on Windows-7. Additionally, I have installed the old Firefox v20 and fixed the issue above. Beside this, my add-on works fine using the current versions of Safari, Chrome, Opera and IE (9)/10/11.

Kind regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer