Gaia Plugin: Custom field missing on project import

John O'Sullivan March 11, 2015

Hi,

I have configured a custom field to be used with 4 different issue types, and on the Configure Custom Field screen I can see that the field is associated with all 4 issue types in the default configuration.

I created 4 tickets (1 for each of the 4 issue types) and saved those issues as xml. Each of these tickets display my custom field. In Gaia, I then use that xml file as the template to import issues and have these 4 issues created by default when creating a project.

However, when I then create a new project using the Gaia template to import the above 4 issues, the 4 issues are created but at project level, the custom field is only getting associated with 1 of the issue types instead of all 4 (despite having been present in the original issues that I'm using as a template). And since project-level config overrides the global config, the custom field is only displayed in 1 of the tickets instead of all 4.

The current fix for this is to delete the project-level config so that it reverts back to the global config, but this isn't a permanent solution as I don't want to have to do this each time I create a project.

Any help you can provide would be hugely appreciated.

Please see screenshot below.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frederick Plante March 11, 2015

Hi John,

As I recall, Field Configuration Schemes are a bit tricky to work with in Jira's API. When creating a new scheme, it must be associated to the project in order to link them together.

As of now, I believe the only option is the workaround you've found. Or you can setup the default scheme for these issue types/custom fields and select the none option in the template. This should link your project to the default scheme and you would be able to keep your restrictions.

Hope this helps,

Frederick Plante

John O'Sullivan March 12, 2015

Hi Frederick, thanks for the prompt response.

I'll stick with keeping the field global as that's currently working for me.

Appreciate your help.

0 votes
John O'Sullivan March 11, 2015

Update: I changed the restriction on the field so that instead of only being associated with these 4 issue types, I made it global and associated it with all issue types and this resolved the above problem (although I'd prefer to only have the field associated with these issue types if possible)

Suggest an answer