Gadgets include port adress in link to issues

Daniel Ruprecht April 7, 2013

When we use Jira on the internal network we have to include the port adress (8080) in the browser. All links to issues in all gadgets on the dashboard include this port adress as well, so everything works fine.

When opening Jira over the internet, no port adress has to be / can be specified. Now in the gadget "Assigned to Me", links to issues appear without port so they work correctly. In the gadget "Activity Stream" though, the links still include the port adresse, as if the page was called over the internal network, so obviously the do not work when used over the internet.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2013

Hi Daniel,

At the time being there is no resolution for this, this is actually a bug in JIRA 5+:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27836

This happens because unlikely other gadgets in JIRA, the activity stream does not validate where the request is coming from before creating the link as per Andreas comment here. As this is a bug, I'd advise you to add yourself as a watcher to it to receive any further notifications regarding this problem.

Also, changing the Base URL in JIRA to match the URL you are using to access it through the internet would avoid this problem, but then the users accessing it through the intranet would see this behavior. You just need to see which one affects you the most, I think. :/

Cheers,
Matheus Fernandes

Suggest an answer