Gadget to find out all the stories that are not story pointed across multiple projects

ashrestha November 20, 2019

Greetings,

I am tasked to figure out across 27 projects.. how many stories (not bugs) are sitting there without story points. Is there a gadget to do this in the Dashboard?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rabbit Stoddard November 20, 2019

try running a jql search as follows: 

issuetype = story and "story points" is EMPTY

Then save it. Pretty sure you can show the results of this filter in a dashboard gadget, and even break it up by project. Or are you looking for a specific sort of visualization?

ETA: If you just need a count, the Filter Counts gadget is here for you. Just select your saved filter instead of a specific project.Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 4.03.12 PM.png

ashrestha November 21, 2019

Thank you so much for your response. I did attempt the general search with that criteria and it is giving me results. I am in the process of putting together a dashboard with all these results, is there a way I can include this new search in the dashboard. My original belief is that it has to be a gadget to be in dashboard. Is that not correct?

Rabbit Stoddard November 21, 2019

Yes, that is correct. Do you want to just show the count of unpointed stories, or an actual list of them?

I need actual list in a table format ... possibly want to add desired columns to the table.

How can I include the filter I created in say Filter Result gadget ? I don't see it as an option.

The Filter Results gadget is indeed the correct one. If there are a lot of filters in your org, you may also have to type the name, as it won't load all results. Also check whether your filter is shared, or is it private to you? If it is private, you may need to change that setting so that others can see it.

I did make my filter public but still I don't see it as an option to select for filter. What am I doing wrong?

Did you try typing the name of the filter?

ashrestha November 22, 2019

yes i did

ashrestha December 4, 2019

Thank you for your help with this I finally have what I needed.

Rabbit Stoddard December 4, 2019

Yay! \o/!

Suggest an answer