Gadget for number resolved issues per week?

Deleted user December 10, 2012

I have used the gadget recently created chart, and have noticed, that I see (e.g. per week) how many issues were created in that week and how many of them are resolved. I would like to see the following information (best in one gadget):

• How many issues were created in one week?
  • How many issues were resolved in one week (independent when the issues were created)?

This is an interesting number for management, but I did not find any gadget that gives me the second. I know I can make a query, and see a list of issues, but I would like to have a gadget that displays the sums. Is there something like that available?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

Try eazyBI reports and charts plugin for JIRA - you can easily create custom reports and charts like issues created or resolved per week and then publish these reports or charts as JIRA gadgets.

I would like to give it a try, but we are running a big server, and a price of $3000 is way to much for my management. I would like to test it, but I don't think we will buy it.

2 votes
After having looked at the different options, the workaround for me is the following:

• Create a search in JIRA that looks like (project names are different): resolutiondate >= startOfWeek("-1w") and resolutiondate <= endOfWeek("-1w") and (project = "ABC" or project = "XYZ"
  • Create a wiki page with the "Recently created chart" in it. The information about created issues is correct, and the resolved ones help.
  • Add a table for the weeks with the numbers in it, and execute the query for each week.
  • Go every week to that page and add one line to the table, include there the number of created issues from the gadget, and execute the query from above and include the sum.

Not really an answer, but it works for me, and paying $3000 is not an option for us.

And this editor sucks, I was not able to remove the formatting ... If anyone knows how to do it ...

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

Did you try created v/s resolved Gadget ? You can set it to show issues created and resolved for previous n number of days . It also shows the total issues created and resolved.

I used this, but have seen, that the numbers are not correct. I have created an issue last week, resolved it in this week, but the issue is reported to the last week as resolved. It is more like "How many issues are created in a special week, and how many of them are resolved."

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

Hi Markus...

the Pie Chart allows you to insert issues from a filter you set up before to match your queries..

if i unterstand that right you want 2 Charts

1st to show you how many issues have been created in one week

ie jql could look like: "createdDate >= -1w AND createdDate <= 1w"

2nd to show how many issues were resolved in one week

ie jql could look like: "status = Resolved AND resolved >= -1w AND resolved <= 1w"

i assume you set up a filter for each

putting this into a pie chart will get you this:

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

this will show you issues between today and the past week.

edit:

oh i missed the topic...you want stats per week not from 1 week. i'm sorry

in that case of course Raimonds post is the best approach. try ezBI reports

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events