Gadget Error after upgrading to JIRA 6.0 from JIRA 3.13.2

Mohammed Rashid September 10, 2013

After upgrading JIRA 3.13.2 to JIRA 6.0, Few gadgets throws an error as shown below,

Error loading gadget from rest/gadget/1.0/legacy/spec/com.atlassian.jira.ext.charting:averagenumbertimesinstatus.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 404

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

Difficult to say. What route through the upgrade did you take? Have you tried re-indexing Jira? Have you tried removing the gadget and re-adding it to the dashboard?

Mohammed Rashid September 10, 2013

I upgraded JIRA 3.13.2 to 4.4.5 and then to JIRA 6.

Re-indexing has been done.

I didn't try removing and re-adding the gadget as i am not able to view the configuration of the gadget re-add it with same filters or project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

Ah, good, you've ruled out most of the causes I've run into, which leaves only one I can think of, where, on upgrading, it seems to get the new REST urls incorrect for some gadgets. I've never worked out if it's the selected filter or the actual gadget itself that is using the wrong url.

There's not a lot you can do about that other than delete and re-add the gadget I'm afraid. Although it may be useful if you copy the dashboard with the broken gadget(s) and see if that offers you the option to reconfigure them - that might tell you the current configuration of it, so you can delete and re-add with the same report.

Suggest an answer