Gadget Assigned to me: seperate columns for parent- and child-id's

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

Hello,

On our Dashboard, we have added the Gadget "Assigned to me". In this gadget, we have added (among others) the columns Key and Summary.

In this view, there are tasks and subtasks. Subtasks have their own ID and Parents have their own ID. But the view is a bit confusing. In the attachment you can see, for example:
XC-131 is the key of issue "TAs acceptate omgeving inrichten", which is a subtask of issue XC-113.

The same is for:
- XC-162 = child of XC-44
- XC-144 = child of XC-137
etc.

So, what I'd like to see are seperate columns: a column with the issue ID and a column with the parent ID and a column with the summary of the issue.

Is this possible and if so: how??

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2014

Not unless you're willing to do a bit of scripting or coding.

The summary in there is including the parent issue id in an effort to show you the parent/child relationship, but it's hard-coded.

My tricks relied on a plugin to do derived fields, but you will find it far more simple to use "scripted fields" in the script runner. You need two fields - one that is the summary from the issue (without any form of addition - literally issue.getSummary() ). The second field should return either the parent ID or a <null> for top level issues so nothing comes out for them.

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2014

Thank you.

I don't think this will work for me because I can't do any coding. I do have Script Runner and I ran my first script yesterday... but that was just 2 clicks to copy a project. So to do something a little bit harder is something I have to think about. Thank you for the right direction!

Suggest an answer