Do I need to be worried about the security flaw recently identified within GNU Bash 4.3 and how it might affect any of my data hosted in JIRA onDemand?

3 answers

So if I am using on demand in the cloud - does this get taken care of by Atlassian or is it something that I should do myself?

Atlassian maintains the hardware and OS when using ondemand so they will do this. I would like for them to make an announcement about it and what are their plans.

I think you just need to patch up your linux to fix the vulnerability. Any software can be exposed with this bash issue. They put out a temporary patch you should update to that and when a complete fix has been done update to that.

0 votes

Atlassian systems, both OnDemand and Server versions, are not affected by this bug generally, barring two cases:

1.  Bitbucket was vulnerable, but has been patched
  2. Where you have installed server versions on systems that are affected.  Atlassian stuff itself is not affected directly, but if they're running on an OS that is affected, then yes, they're vulnerable.  So you need to fix it at an OS level if you're using a vulnerable version of bash.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,888 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot