GNU Bash 4.3

SkanthaR September 26, 2014

Do I need to be worried about the security flaw recently identified within GNU Bash 4.3 and how it might affect any of my data hosted in JIRA onDemand?

3 answers

1 vote
SkanthaR September 26, 2014

So if I am using on demand in the cloud - does this get taken care of by Atlassian or is it something that I should do myself?

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2014

Atlassian maintains the hardware and OS when using ondemand so they will do this. I would like for them to make an announcement about it and what are their plans.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2014

Atlassian systems, both OnDemand and Server versions, are not affected by this bug generally, barring two cases:

1.  Bitbucket was vulnerable, but has been patched
  2. Where you have installed server versions on systems that are affected.  Atlassian stuff itself is not affected directly, but if they're running on an OS that is affected, then yes, they're vulnerable.  So you need to fix it at an OS level if you're using a vulnerable version of bash.

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2014

I think you just need to patch up your linux to fix the vulnerability. Any software can be exposed with this bash issue. They put out a temporary patch you should update to that and when a complete fix has been done update to that.

Suggest an answer