GMail SSO Future Migration

We need to get on Jira now, but in the near future will be moving our domain to Google App's for Business. Since the email addresses will remain the same, will we be able to switch to SSO once we have migrated to GMail without having to create new accounts and lose history?

2 answers

This Google SSO for Atlassian JIRA authenticator supports exactly what you are looking for, per your described use case. You can lock it down to your corporate gmail domain, or it also supports multiple domains, if needed. You can also configure 2-step authentication if you wish. http://www.appfusions.com/display/GAPPSAUTHJ/Home

Thanks Justin.  Some questions:

Regarding your SSO app for Google/Jira integration: we're using Jira OnDemand - probably a given - but want to make sure that works?

Also, if we delete/close a user in Google, will that also delete or lock them out of Jira?  That is one of our goals with SSO and one which the "old" Atlassian-supplied SSO connector handled as well.
We have users already defined in Google Apps for Work and in Jira, using the same email address and usernames.  Will your app actually connect these users without any extra gymnastics (recreating users, no data loss, etc.)?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,811 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot