GET on applicationrole via REST API returns 401 "This resource requires WebSudo."

Michael_Jordan February 8, 2020

I am learning how to use the Server REST API with a home-based installation using postgresql. I am the sole user on the system - the default admin user. I am using a plugin to generate an API token. All has gone fairly smoothly to this point. I am able to query things such as myself, issue, mypermissions, etc. seem to work as documented.

However, applicationrole is consistently giving me the response above. As a result of perusing other posts, I went in, discovered that a few plugins needed updating - performed that, no change. I performed a background re-index of the database, no change. I performed a full re-index, no change. I even logged out and logged back in the user under which I created the api key (and under which I am authorizing for the api calls) - no joy here either.

I've even restarted the atlassian jira service - in windows service manager - and again, no joy.

Looking through the logs revealed a few surprises (though none of them helpful at this point).

In C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Jira\logs, I noted when I started this journey (and started noting the 401's as noted above) that the logs for today either did not exist or were empty. It wasn't until I restarted the server that Jira actually started producing any logs there. Scanning through those logs after the restart and trying the request again, I note nothing of significance except where it does note that the request is receiving a 401 response.

Anyone have any suggestions on why applicationrole will not work for me?

0 answers

Suggest an answer