GC Overhead Limit Exceeded

Goutham March 28, 2013

Hi...

When I'am trying to restore a target jira instance, I'am facing an error as "Exception in thread "Thread-142" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded".

Can you please resolve the error as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance,

Goutham

1 answer

3 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013
Goutham March 28, 2013

Hi Onkar,

Thank You for the response. I have already increased the size in the setenv.bat file to 1024m. But I'am facing the same problem. Please solve this issue ASAP

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

You have increase JIRA Memory according to the steps which I sent you in link, Please also try JAVA memory as well.

Steps Control Panel >> Java >> Java Tab >> View >> You will see platforms there

Please try to increase the runtime parameters by -Xmx1024m.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2013

If you're stuck, then post all of the memory settings here. Java memory settings are not as simple as just increasing one to make a problem go away.

Suggest an answer