Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Function of tagging people doesn't work

Hello,

For any reason I can't tagg people .. When I use the @, no name from my team appears that I can mark. With the rest of my team the function works smoothly.

I already went to the "editor" under "setting" and unchecked there - unfortunately it still doesn't work. Can someone help me further?

Screenshot 2022-06-13 114513.png

Many thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Elena Welsch ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Where are you trying to mention users? In a comment or in a specific text custom field?

Moreover, in order to mention users, you need to have Browse Users global permission.

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

I'm trying to mention users in comments or descriptions.

Best regards

Elena

Can you check what Fabio asked you to look at in his last sentence?

You need that permission to be able to select people to mention.

Yes sure, where can I check this? 

Sorry, wasn't sure how much you'd rummaged around in Jira admin.

As a Jira administrator, log in, and go to Admin -> System -> Global permissions and you'll find a section for "Browse users".  (That's from memory, I'm not 100% sure it's all the right words)

Jira admin is all over the place, and I can never find anything in it, so wherever you land after using one of the main options from the global admin cog at the top right, you can always press "." to pop up an admin search box - start typing "permissions" in there and it should offer you a direct link to global permissions.

The "browse users" right is granted to one or many groups of people, not individuals, so you'll want to check that you are in any of the groups named (doesn't matter if you're in many, it only needs you to be in one)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you