From issues in JIRA, we can't create a branch from anything other than the master branch.

Joshua Grant July 18, 2017

Using Jira with Bitbucket. We have a branch for the current sprint. Using the JIRA interface, we create a branch for an issue selecting the current sprint as the "from" branch, but it creates it from master instead. It then also doesn't show in the "development" area of the issue. 

How do we work around this?

2 answers

0 votes
Youri van Mill September 10, 2018

I am having the same issue, using a private Jira server.

After I click create branch in Jira, I choose my development branch to create a branch from. Redirected to the brach and its created from the master branch...

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2017

Hi Joshua, are you using JIRA and Bitbucket Cloud or Server? I've tried reproducing this issue using my Cloud accounts, and I've been able to create a branch from a branch different than master. It's also showing up in the development area of the issue.

Can you also elaborate a bit more on what's the issue? Are the brnaches name not appearing at all? Or they're appearing and even if you click a different brnch it still gets created from master?

Please provide as much information as possible so we can narrow this case down :)

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer