From internal directory to LDAP

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

Hi,

In my company, we currently have all JIRA users in Internal Directory. This users have a projects, issues,. Now, we want to implement a LDAP directory to manage all of this users. My question is:

1) You can transfer all of these JIRA users from 'Internal Directory' to LDAP? We want to manage all of these users and personal information from LDAP and not JIRA. We didn't want to loose all issues of these users...

2) If possible to change 'username' of users when we finish this migration from internal to ldap? I suppose that Jira sync with ldap...

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2013
0 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2013

Hi Daniel,

There is also a JAC ticket with a lot of workarounds (in the comments) and suggestions to achieve this need for this same purpose here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-24213

Hope this helps!

Regards,

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

I guess if you have Crowd you can export these user's information to a xls file to later Crowd synch with your Jira.

Bernardo

Suggest an answer