Freshdesk and Jira Integration

John Tapia November 27, 2022

The following issue has been occurring and I would like to know how I can resolve this issue. I am integrating the Freshdesk software into Jira I am using API to connect to my Jira session. When I create a Jira ticket in Freshdesk it creates the ticket in Jira which also reports me as the person that has reported the issue. But if I update the key or close the access the person that was assigned to the ticket is not the person writing the updates it is the Admin for Jira that shows up on the reporting. Is this something that is normal or can I change this affect? 

1 answer

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hi @John Tapia 

As far as I know this app/add-on is provided by Freshworks, so you need to contact them directly to address your questions, concerns, and if there is any workaround or fix

I hope this helps

John Tapia November 28, 2022

Just wondering when I create a Jira ticket in Freshdesk. I see it's successful then when I go to the ticket itself I see I created the ticket and it assigned. Now when I am updating the ticket or if I close the ticket the Freshdesk Admin is the person that is being shown as the person updating the Jira ticket. Now the person who is assigned to the Jira ticket. Is this a Freshdesk issue or Jira issue

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Edited the answer, sorry for my mistake. 

The reason is that this add-on uses the permission related to a Jira admin, usually that connects to freshworks API and Jira, so the actions behind the addon are associated with this user t. 

So, if you need a different behavior you need support from add-on creator, which I understand is Freshworks

John Tapia November 28, 2022

Thanks for that information

Suggest an answer