Fresh installation not work

Volkan Özdemir March 26, 2013

Hi,

I want to evaluate JIRA. I just downloaded JIRA and installed. I select the advanced installation. Changed default ports. I created new db on MSSQL and configured. When installation is finished gadgets not loaded it give HTTP 500 error. When i try loging in then it says wrong password. I restarted JIRA service and tried open home page then it gives below errors.

Thank you,

An error occurred performing JIRA upgrade

The data before the upgrade has been exported to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\export\jira_autoexport_20130327_150033.zip

Exception thrown during upgrade: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:UPDATE dbo.portalpage SET  ppversion = ?  WHERE  id = ?  (Invalid column name 'id'.)
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:UPDATE dbo.portalpage SET  ppversion = ?  WHERE  id = ?  (Invalid column name 'id'.)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.bulkUpdateByPrimaryKey(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:589)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.tasks.UpgradeTask_Build437.doUpgrade(UpgradeTask_Build437.java:64)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeTaskSuccess(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:668)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.runUpgradeTasks(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:530)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgrade(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:459)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeIfNeeded(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:397)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeIfNeededAndAllowed(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:331)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.checkIfUpgradeNeeded(UpgradeLauncher.java:101)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.start(UpgradeLauncher.java:49)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$3.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:107)
	at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:284)
	at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseActivated(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:169)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:98)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.access$100(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:25)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$1.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:64)
	at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:33)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:59)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener$1.create(LauncherContextListener.java:80)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener$1.create(LauncherContextListener.java:75)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.get(MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.java:121)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.onTenantStart(MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.java:165)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager$1.consume(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:134)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager$1.consume(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:131)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.runForEachListener(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:256)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.startTenant(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:130)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.startAll(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:203)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:108)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4791)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5285)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1559)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1549)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:UPDATE dbo.portalpage SET  ppversion = ?  WHERE  id = ?  (Invalid column name 'id'.)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.executeUpdate(SQLProcessor.java:650)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.bulkUpdateByPrimaryKey(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:578)
	... 36 more

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2013

Hi,

According to this document you must make sure that database being used by JIRA is using SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI collation.

After changing this configuration, please restart both JIRA and the MSSQL database and try to replicate the problem.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Felipe Kraemer

Volkan Özdemir March 27, 2013

Thank you. It is working now.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

After changing the database for case-insensitive, please restart your database and Jira.

If it doesn't help, please check also the collation: Check if it's set as UTF-8.

Also, if you are running MS SQL Express, could you please try to use MS SQL 2008 or above instead?

Hope it helps!

I must use MS SQL Express 2008. Also MS SQL is not supporting UTF-8. There is not an option to select UTF-8 in the collation menu.

0 votes

I changed my DB to case insensitive and fresh reinstall but nothing changed. It is still id column not found.

0 votes

I changed my DB to case insensitive but nothing changed. It is still id column not found.

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2013

Try change the JIRA database collation to Case-Insensitive. For detail refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+Restore+Backup+into+MS+SQL+2005

Suggest an answer