Fresh installation not work

Hi,

I want to evaluate JIRA. I just downloaded JIRA and installed. I select the advanced installation. Changed default ports. I created new db on MSSQL and configured. When installation is finished gadgets not loaded it give HTTP 500 error. When i try loging in then it says wrong password. I restarted JIRA service and tried open home page then it gives below errors.

Thank you,

An error occurred performing JIRA upgrade

The data before the upgrade has been exported to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\export\jira_autoexport_20130327_150033.zip

Exception thrown during upgrade: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:UPDATE dbo.portalpage SET  ppversion = ?  WHERE  id = ?  (Invalid column name 'id'.)
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:UPDATE dbo.portalpage SET  ppversion = ?  WHERE  id = ?  (Invalid column name 'id'.)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.bulkUpdateByPrimaryKey(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:589)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.tasks.UpgradeTask_Build437.doUpgrade(UpgradeTask_Build437.java:64)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeTaskSuccess(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:668)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.runUpgradeTasks(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:530)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgrade(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:459)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeIfNeeded(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:397)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeIfNeededAndAllowed(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:331)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.checkIfUpgradeNeeded(UpgradeLauncher.java:101)
	at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.start(UpgradeLauncher.java:49)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$3.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:107)
	at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:284)
	at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseActivated(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:169)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:98)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.access$100(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:25)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$1.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:64)
	at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:33)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:59)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener$1.create(LauncherContextListener.java:80)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener$1.create(LauncherContextListener.java:75)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.get(MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.java:121)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.onTenantStart(MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.java:165)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager$1.consume(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:134)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager$1.consume(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:131)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.runForEachListener(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:256)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.startTenant(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:130)
	at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.startAll(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:203)
	at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:108)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4791)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5285)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1559)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1549)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:UPDATE dbo.portalpage SET  ppversion = ?  WHERE  id = ?  (Invalid column name 'id'.)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.executeUpdate(SQLProcessor.java:650)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.bulkUpdateByPrimaryKey(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:578)
	... 36 more

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Accepted answer

Hi,

According to this document you must make sure that database being used by JIRA is using SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI collation.

After changing this configuration, please restart both JIRA and the MSSQL database and try to replicate the problem.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Felipe Kraemer

Thank you. It is working now.

0 votes
Janet Albion Atlassian Team Mar 26, 2013

Try change the JIRA database collation to Case-Insensitive. For detail refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+Restore+Backup+into+MS+SQL+2005

I changed my DB to case insensitive but nothing changed. It is still id column not found.

I changed my DB to case insensitive and fresh reinstall but nothing changed. It is still id column not found.

After changing the database for case-insensitive, please restart your database and Jira.

If it doesn't help, please check also the collation: Check if it's set as UTF-8.

Also, if you are running MS SQL Express, could you please try to use MS SQL 2008 or above instead?

Hope it helps!

I must use MS SQL Express 2008. Also MS SQL is not supporting UTF-8. There is not an option to select UTF-8 in the collation menu.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,445 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you