Freeze issue in x status for certain period of time

Juris Bergmanis November 2, 2017

Hi! I have a technical type of question. We did search for an answer in the google for 2 hours and did not find anything useful, small and not expensive.

We simple do not know how to implement the following into the JIRA:

For example we have a status called "Open" and from this status there is a transition to another status called "Freezed". When we do the transition, the screen with Date picker or Date Time picker custom field shows up and we manually enter the date (For example x days from now).

Until this moments it`s all clear. All default JIRA functionality. Now comes the tricky part. We wan`t  to make it that after x days (In date, which you entered in the field) this issue automatically moves back to status "Open".

Can you guys please advise how can we accomplish this with most fastest and easiest way. We already have setup Script Runner in our JIRA system, maybe we can accomplish it with that but my knowledge is not good, maybe you guys can give me some tips.

Thankyou!

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

Automation Lite (and its paid counterpart Automation) also offers escalation features: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin/server/overview

In comparison to ScriptRunner, you may save some programming efforts with this, but if you need more flexibility, then it is ScriptRunner.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Hello,

You can use Escalation Service in ScriptRunner. Escalation service let you transtion issues which are selected by JQL query. Your JQL query would be like this

customfield is not empty and customfield < startOfDay()

JQL query would be checked periodically. In your case you can define the period as 1 day. You can read more about it here:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/escalation-service.html

Suggest an answer