Freeze issue in x status for certain period of time Edited

Hi! I have a technical type of question. We did search for an answer in the google for 2 hours and did not find anything useful, small and not expensive.

We simple do not know how to implement the following into the JIRA:

For example we have a status called "Open" and from this status there is a transition to another status called "Freezed". When we do the transition, the screen with Date picker or Date Time picker custom field shows up and we manually enter the date (For example x days from now).

Until this moments it`s all clear. All default JIRA functionality. Now comes the tricky part. We wan`t  to make it that after x days (In date, which you entered in the field) this issue automatically moves back to status "Open".

Can you guys please advise how can we accomplish this with most fastest and easiest way. We already have setup Script Runner in our JIRA system, maybe we can accomplish it with that but my knowledge is not good, maybe you guys can give me some tips.

Thankyou!

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello,

You can use Escalation Service in ScriptRunner. Escalation service let you transtion issues which are selected by JQL query. Your JQL query would be like this

customfield is not empty and customfield < startOfDay()

JQL query would be checked periodically. In your case you can define the period as 1 day. You can read more about it here:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/escalation-service.html

This widget could not be displayed.

Automation Lite (and its paid counterpart Automation) also offers escalation features: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin/server/overview

In comparison to ScriptRunner, you may save some programming efforts with this, but if you need more flexibility, then it is ScriptRunner.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you