Free trial duration 7 days not 30?

John Macpherson April 1, 2016

Asked before I know (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11992896), but not answered... JIRA trials offer 30 days (I'm opting for hosted but seems to say same in either case) - then on signup I get 7 days only.  I'm trying to evaluate the PPM capabilities which means I'm looking at Confluence, JIRA Core, Software & Portfolio... that's a lot to evaluate in 7 days (or given we have a holiday weekend ahead and signed up today, I have 3 days only when I get back to work!).  30 days would be more reasonable.  At minimum, why "offer" 30 days only to renege on that offer when I accept it?!

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2016

You're mixing up Cloud and Server versions.

Cloud is a 7 day trial, as the services side of it is already done for you.  With Server, you get 30 days, but you have  set it all up for yourself.

John Macpherson April 4, 2016

OK understand that, but I'm not really mixing up the 2 options, it's the web site information that is wrong:

JIRA Trail Period.jpg

If this could be corrected, there wouldn't be any ongoing confusion... 

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

Yup, that's wrong.  Needs raising with https://support.atlassian.com

AmandaSG February 6, 2017

I am having exactly the same problem as Nic Brough.

What can I do?

wadey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2017

The screenshot you showed should be correct for Cloud add-ons. 

JIRA trial: 7 days
Add-on trials: 30 days*

*In fact this is minimum, the trial runs 30 days + whatever period required to get to the next billing cycle. 

If you're only receiving 7 days trial for add-ons please do let us know by popping a support ticket through? 

Hope this helps, -nick wade
Head of Business, Ecosystem

0 votes
venkatabharath varahachalam June 11, 2019

Hi Team,

I am new to Atlassian Cloud. I am planning to integrate Atlassian cloud with Microsoft Azure for Single Sign on (SSO).

I have the official Microsoft document how to integrate. My question is currently i am having trail version of atlassian cloud , can i integrate with Azure to achieve SSO with trail.

Please treat this as urgent and reply soon, as i have some deadlines to complete the project. Once POC is done then we will purchase full version

Microsoft Document - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/atlassian-cloud-tutorial

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2019

This has nothing to do with the original question.  Please have a look for the subject in the community and if you can't find anything that helps, raise a new question.

Suggest an answer