Free Trial Jira/ green hopper

Larry M. Day June 12, 2017

I  want to access a trial version of Jira/ Green Hopper. I don't see the "Atlassian OnDemand link listed on the Evaluation section. (which I don't see as well?) on my Account page Need assistance! Thxs

greenhopper.jpg1.      Atlassian OnDemand instance, this may take a few minutes.

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

Greenhopper and OnDemand went away years ago.

I'm going to assume you mean the current names for the systems that they have changed into.

For a Cloud account, go to https://www.atlassian.com/try and click the "try now" for JIRA Software.

0 votes

Got it! Thxs

0 votes

Is the Jira download a 30 day trial?

Would the trial version be the same as the purchase product?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

Yes and yes.  Most trial users set stuff up, do the trial and then apply a production licence.  The software doesn't need changing at all.

Thank You, Green Hopper is new to me. Please explain?  Is it a separate product?

\

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2017

Please could you read the other comment I made?

0 votes

So I assume Green Hopper is Jira. Please explain?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2017

No.  Greenhopper is an old add-on for JIRA 3 that went away years ago.  It was replaced by Agile.  Which was dropped with JIRA version 7, as Atlassian turned it into JIRA Software.  Not JIRA.  JIRA is the issue tracker the add-on used to run on, and now the Application is added to.

Suggest an answer