Format on Post Function Description

Kathleen Jacobs February 15, 2013

In my workflow I'm adding a Post Function Update Issue Field ->Description.

My text is pretty long and that area to input the text is very small. So there is no way to Format the text correctly. Even tried using Wiki markup but since it doesn't really handle going to the next line, there's no formating at all once they post function happens.

Is there any way around this?

2 answers

0 votes
BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2015

Same here.. trying to default the description with html tagged markup..  all whitespace characters are lost in translation

not sure if setting the description via script runner effect, instead of via the 'update issue field' would work

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2013

Updating description in a post function does not look so okay for me, as that field is actually supposed to contain the original request.

You are right, multline inputs is not working correctly as the input is a single line control :(

Suggest an answer