Format of HTML notification mails - only last changes

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2013

Hello to all!

I have installed JIRA 6.1.3 and filled it up with data from JIRA 5.2.11 (which was filled up with data from JIRA 4.4.4). After successful upgrade notification e-mails were sent in the same format as in old JIRA 4.4.4. However, I don't know how, it has changed and now notification e-mails are sent in rich HTML format with many irrelevant information. I like theAtlassian support style of e-mail, i.e. HTML formated e-mail were you can see what has been changed. My new JIRA send e-mails with issue number, assignee, reporter, etc. And I oly want to set it to simple HTML format containing last changes of issue. See the attached files to see the difference, please.

Regards,

Leos Junek

CURRENT

DESIRABLE

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2013

Strange, your mail notification should show as the Desirable format when you used HTML by default. Firstly, check your profile if you're receiving HTML format notification.

Secondly, did you replaced your mail templates from older version of JIRA? If so, you might want to replace your mail templates from the fresh JIRA 6 <jira_install>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email.

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2013

Hello TenkEn!

Thanks for answer. Yes, I have set up HTML format in my profile.

I had used mail templates of new JIRA 6 before, but then I replaced them with templates of old JIRA 4.4.4. Unfortunately, nothing changed. New JIRA still sends its mails in undesirable format.

Leoš

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2013

Strange, the mail content should reflect to the mail templates and the mail content format from your screenshots seems to be very old JIRA mail format.

Did you restart JIRA when you replaced the content with JIRA 6 mail templates? It should only start taking effect after restart.

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2013

TeckEn, you were right. Your colleague, Taiwo Akindele from Atlassian support, who took care about my issue concerning this topic, told me, that desirable format is the default one and current format of mails is surely customized. He looked at this question and told me that you were right. I had checked it and found it true. After rebuilding WAR from fresh unzipped JIRA notification emails are sent in desirable/default format.

Thanks a lot!

Leoš

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
December 30, 2013

good to hear the problem resolved. :)

Suggest an answer