Force status when moving an issue

PaulaA September 24, 2019

Hi, 

we have some projects with the same configuration and when we move them from one project to another one, Jira decides that it is not needed to change the status. Is it possible to force this to go to an specific status? 

In our case, a ticket can be created and move in a project and then needs to o to another project to the first state in the workflow, in all cases. 

Any ideas? I have tried with a plugin but it requires the pro version

Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

when moving an issue, jira is only asking you to assign the values that are not defined the same way in the target project. If the target project has the same workflow you won't be asked.

So you are going to have to do two steps, first move the issue and then transition it.

This could be (it shouldn't be hard) automated with a postfunction script or an automation if you have any of those plugins

PaulaA September 25, 2019

Hi @fran garcia gomera ,

I don't see how can I use a postfunction in this case. If I move from project A to project B, the postfunction should be once the issue is in project B and where how can I say this happens only when I'm moving an issue from another project?

The plugins that we have required a pro version and so far it does not look like it does what I need.

Thanks

fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

You could make a "fake transition" in project 1 let's call it 'move and transition' from the current status to the target status and then a postfunction that moves the issue to the project 2.

(yes, i know i'm doing it in reverse order but the result is the same)

Suggest an answer