Force issues into a certain status when moving?

Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2017

When tickets are moved to a certain service desk we'd like to force them into a particular status.  Is there a way to do this?

Or would we need to do something more elaborate accomplish this, like for example an issue has less than 5 seconds of the SLA that ticks in that status and has a creation date of more than a few minutes ago then transition it to that status using an automation rule?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2017

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by "moved".

You can use the standard automation functionality in Service Desk. Define the event when the trigger must work (define the work "moved"). Add issue matches condition and write something like this

"yoursla field" = remaining("5m") and created = -5m

Then add the Transition Issue action. That would do the trick. The only problem is that lowest value for the remaining function is minutes, not seconds.

Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2017

I mean moved quite literally.  A ticket is moved into the service desk from another project by an agent.  If it hasn't gone through the initial waiting for triage then it needs to be moved to that status to be properly addressed.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2017

Then you need to add the issue created event. I do not know if you need it or not, but you will not be able to distinct the incident movement event from the incident creation event because if you move an incident, the create event fires.

Suggest an answer