Force GMT for a project / email(s) ?

Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Is there a way to force GMT to display for a project?  One workaround is the people who require this (dealing w/ pilots, they speak GMT and we're based in PST) is to change their profile to a GMT time zone.  They then get a nag message about their profile not matching, so a secondary question to that would be can that be disabled?

Also, times in emails are typically server time.  Can that be transformed to GMT?

Ultimately my sloppy workaround will be to convert date/time fields to date, and let time be entered in a text field. That's icky, but it may be the best I've got.  Then since I'll be making custom notifications anyways I can leverage those fields in my templates.  There will still be some PST in their tickets since stock fields will be stuck at the time of the profile viewing them.

Anyone have better thoughts/workarounds, or can confirm what I've suggested are my best bets?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2015

In order to accomplish this we're just going to have static text fields for time instead of using date/time fields.

Suggest an answer