• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • For cascading field, I want add two titles (names), one is for first select list and another is for second select list. Please let me know if you have any solution for this.

For cascading field, I want add two titles (names), one is for first select list and another is for second select list. Please let me know if you have any solution for this.

srinivasa_pudi August 4, 2014

For cascading field, I want add two titles (names), one is for first select list and another is for second select list. Please let me know if you have any solution for this.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

Remember, you'll have to refit this modification every time you upgrade and it may not be in the same place. The idea of a cascading select list is the second value is related to the first and shouldn't need it's own title. It can't be handled by naming the field 'title1 and title2' ? I've maintained systems, not just JIRA, that are heavily modified and it can easily become more trouble than it is worth. Once you start down this road management often wants you to do more and more like this. If the second field isn't intuitive maybe they should be different fields, not a cascading select.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

You'll need to hack the code that draws the panel to add your arbitrary titles.

srinivasa_pudi August 5, 2014

Hi Nic,

Im not sure how to do it, and Im not a java or jira developer, Could you help me in this if you have any solution?

I have experience in JIRA Administration only.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2014

I'm not sure where to look, I wouldn't be able to find the panel files any faster than you. It'll be a .vm or .jsp file somewhere.

Suggest an answer