For Parent Story, Story points should get auto populated from all child stories. It should be sum of story points of all Child stories

Sateesh Chandra August 20, 2014

For Parent Story, Story points should get auto populated from all child stories. It should be sum of story points of all Child stories

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2014

You'll need to script to do that.

Hi Nic,

How complex will that be. Is it Java scripting.

Sateesh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2014

I'd do it with the script runner, but you could do something with your own (java) plugin or one of the other plugins that provides scripting. Shouldn't be hard - get list of subtasks of issue, iterate through them reading the story point field and add up the values.

John Mehaffey November 25, 2014

Seems like this should be basic functionality, rather than make everyone that wants Agile to work intuitively write Java script.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2014

I'd agree (except I wouldn't touch javascript with a barge pole, it's not the way to do it)

John Mehaffey November 25, 2014

s/Java // :)

soren Nielsen January 26, 2015

I do not understand Atlassian and their priorities. I have now seen a lot of requests for rolled up story points to a parent Story, even an Epic with Stories that have linked stories.. It seems like a totally natural thing that you would like a TOTAL count of all hierarchical Stories no matter how deep it goes.. How else would you know how far you are on an Epic..

0 votes
Steffen Stamprath
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

With the plugin "Epic Sum Up" you can summate the story-points (and further) of an epic and all the sub issues/sub tasks:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.epicSumUp
Hope it helps you!

0 votes

Parent Story is the ticket and child stories are the subtasks created.

Suggest an answer