For Custom Users Field all users show up in the pick list even if they are inactive in crowd and are no longer in the jira-users group

Dana Frost May 14, 2012

We are using crowd to manage JIRA users. When people leave the company, they are marked not longer active in crowd and they are removed from the jira-users group (so they do not count against a license).

We do not remove the crowd account because if you do, and they have submitted issue, you get errors in the log when trying to search or edit issue that they have submitted or are the tester of.

The problem is, that we have a User Custom Field called Tester and even if the user is not active and not in the jira-users group in crowd, their name appears in the User pick list and they can still be set as the Tester.

This is only the case with the Custom User field. The built in User Fields (Assignee for example) work as expected and when the user is not active, they do not appear in the user pick list.

This is becomming an issue due to the large number of people that submitted issues but should not longer be made the Tester of an issue.

How do we prevent the User pick list from listing inactive users?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2012

Deactivate the user in JIRA should disable the user picker in the custom field, but you would still able to enter the name manually. Tested this on 5.1.5. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users

Dana Frost October 30, 2012

We do deactivate the users in Crowd (as I metioned) but they still appear in the pick list (5.0.2) . You can't deactive in JIRA because they are managed in Crowd and you don't edit user options in JIRA when using Crowd for user/group admin. But maybe this could be fixed in 5.1. I have not been able to test it.

Dana Frost November 11, 2012

I recently tested this in JIRA 5.2 and it appears to have been fixed. I no longer see the inactive users in the generated pick list. Good news.

Suggest an answer