Fix version field not show in Servicedesk

Ronald Kerstens February 19, 2015

Hi,

I want to include the Fix Version field in Servicedesk tickets.

For this purpose I have added the Fix Version field to the ticket forms with a request to keep it empty.

The idea is that once a FV has been added in the corresponding JIRA issue form, the changed value of the FV field is shown as an update of the ticket.

This is not the case in the Servicedesk , however.

Is the FV field not supported in the Servicvedesk, or I am I doing something wrong form configuration wise?

Thanks in advance

ronald kerstens

3 answers

0 votes
Damon Gaylor March 30, 2020

I have a related question.  I have the fixversion appear on my screens, but because I don't see a 'releases' side menu, there is no way to close out these fix version.  I'm going to keep looking, but does anyone know how to close out a service desk version?  

I'm pretty sure this is me just being a victim of Jira's flexibility.

Damon Gaylor March 30, 2020

I figured out my answer.  Open another project, then just change the  project key in the URL

Joy_C June 4, 2020

Hi. Can you please explain your solution more?

Damon Gaylor June 5, 2020

If you go to any non-Service Desk project and click on the 'Releases' menu on the left menu, it will take you to this URL:

atlassian.net/projects/ABC?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin%3Arelease-page

The 'ABC' is the project key.  

If you replace ABC with your Service Desk Project key, it will take you to the Releases page where you can create Releases (FixVersions).

Note: this isn't the same issue as the original question, it was just related.

Additional information:

• You will need to add FixVersion field to your screens if not already there to see them in the ticket
  • I manage Service Desk Tickets mostly in a normal Software Classic Project boards so easy to drag and drop items in a fix version if needed.  
0 votes
Ronald Kerstens February 19, 2015

Hi Joao

Thanks for your reply

I am familiair with the Where is my field option. however, this seems a JIRA issue form utility to me. I can see the FV field in the JIRA issue forms we are using

But I am trying to make the FV field visible in a JIRA Servicedesk form and resulting ticket. In a ticket the field and its values are not shown.

Is ther a way to include Fix Versions in a Servicedesk ticket? For our customer rhe FV is critical information which you want to add to a resolved ticket.

regards

ronald

João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2015

Hi Ronald! But considering you are not seeing the field on 'Service Desk issues', I recommend you to run the 'Where is my field?' utility on that issue you don't have the 'Fix Version' field. JIRA issues and Service Desk issues may use different field configurations and permission schemes, so a field that appears on a JIRA issue may not appear on a Service Desk one. ;) Cheers! Joao

Igor Nikovski March 1, 2015

Hi Joao, A follow up on the issue reported by Ronald... Running the 'Where is my field?' utility on the the issue created from the service desk portal reports that "The 'Fix Version/s' field is enabled by the 'Default Field Configuration' field configuration associated with this issue". I can clearly see the field on the JIRA issues forms (/servicedesk/agent/SPB/issue/PRJ-123 and /browse/PRJ-123). The FV field is also displayed on the customer portal issue creation form (/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/create/300) but it's missing from the customer portal issue display form (.../servicedesk/customer/portal/2/PRJ-123). Regards, Igor

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2015

Hi Ronald!

One thing that may help you on locating the field and what to do to enable it is open up the 'Where is my field?' utility, located on the Admin drop-down menu in an issue when logged in as a System Administrator.

See below how to locate the utility:

image2015-2-19 10:52:24.png

Cheers!

Joao 

Suggest an answer