Fix version field not show in Servicedesk

Hi,

I want to include the Fix Version field in Servicedesk tickets.

For this purpose I have added the Fix Version field to the ticket forms with a request to keep it empty.

The idea is that once a FV has been added in the corresponding JIRA issue form, the changed value of the FV field is shown as an update of the ticket.

This is not the case in the Servicedesk , however.

Is the FV field not supported in the Servicvedesk, or I am I doing something wrong form configuration wise?

Thanks in advance

ronald kerstens

2 answers

Hi Ronald!

One thing that may help you on locating the field and what to do to enable it is open up the 'Where is my field?' utility, located on the Admin drop-down menu in an issue when logged in as a System Administrator.

See below how to locate the utility:

image2015-2-19 10:52:24.png

Cheers!

Joao 

Hi Joao

Thanks for your reply

I am familiair with the Where is my field option. however, this seems a JIRA issue form utility to me. I can see the FV field in the JIRA issue forms we are using

But I am trying to make the FV field visible in a JIRA Servicedesk form and resulting ticket. In a ticket the field and its values are not shown.

Is ther a way to include Fix Versions in a Servicedesk ticket? For our customer rhe FV is critical information which you want to add to a resolved ticket.

regards

ronald

Hi Ronald! But considering you are not seeing the field on 'Service Desk issues', I recommend you to run the 'Where is my field?' utility on that issue you don't have the 'Fix Version' field. JIRA issues and Service Desk issues may use different field configurations and permission schemes, so a field that appears on a JIRA issue may not appear on a Service Desk one. ;) Cheers! Joao

Hi Joao, A follow up on the issue reported by Ronald... Running the 'Where is my field?' utility on the the issue created from the service desk portal reports that "The 'Fix Version/s' field is enabled by the 'Default Field Configuration' field configuration associated with this issue". I can clearly see the field on the JIRA issues forms (/servicedesk/agent/SPB/issue/PRJ-123 and /browse/PRJ-123). The FV field is also displayed on the customer portal issue creation form (/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/create/300) but it's missing from the customer portal issue display form (.../servicedesk/customer/portal/2/PRJ-123). Regards, Igor

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,110 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot