Fix for Incompatible product license after renewal

Bob September 18, 2014

Regarding the plugins being used

License details: 500-user commercial license, Standard, expires Nov/13/14

License status: Incompatible with product license (wrong type)

2 answers

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2014

Hey Bob,

A similar issue is being tracked here, maybe it's related to your problem. Basically, you need to stop JIRA and remove the UPM _jar_ file from _<jira-home>/plugins/installed-plugins_.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Andre 

0 votes
Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

You need to put in a request through support.atlassian.com and they can help you resolve your license incompatablity issue.

Bob September 18, 2014

I did that. This was created after I searched for support from the vendor of the plugin. It led me to here. I am still waiting for a reply. I guess since it is a plugin, it's not a major incident.

Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Did you buy the plugin license through marketplace.atlassian.com or directly from the vendor? The plugin is a 500user license, what is your product license tier? If they mismatch, that is the problem. They have to match with few exceptions. If you bought directly from the vendor, they'll have to handle the adjustment on their end and send you a new license key. If you bought from the marketplace you should create a case at support.atlassian.com (rather than here). If you've already done that then I would escalate the issue through those channels. If you should have a higher license tier, perhaps you can do an upgrade via the marketplace or my.atlassian.com and handle it that way?

Suggest an answer