Fix Version field is cleared during Resolve transition

Cezary Kamiński March 17, 2015

Hello,

When I`m moving issue from status "In Progress" to "Resolved" or from "Resolved" to "Closed", field Fix Version is being cleared. I`m using "Agile Simplified Workflow Scheme" with small modifications (some steps and transitions added). I have checked:

• workflow settings, and there is no conditions, validators or post functions, related to this field
  • security settings - user who is doing this transitions has user and developer role in this project
  • field and screens - in all screens filed Fixed Version is available

On the resolve issue screen, field Fix Version has data, but after clicking "Resolve", field is cleared. In issue history is information, that I have changed status and fix version at the same history entry.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Regards,

Cezary

3 answers

0 votes
Cezary Kamiński March 18, 2015

Hi,

We have found a couse. One of plugins, probably Big Picture made this change. If affected issues, where FixVersion date was exceeded. Plugin was restarted and problem does not apeears any more.

In Script Runner we do not have any scripts related to this field. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Cezary

0 votes
Cezary Kamiński March 17, 2015

Hi,

Thanks for quick sugesstions.

About Resolve Transition:

• Triggers section is empty
  • Conditions section:
    • Only users with Resolve Issues permission can execute this transition.
  • Validators section is empty
  • Post Function section:
    • Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
    • Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
    • Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
    • Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
    • Fire a Issue Resolved event that can be processed by the listeners.

About Listeners:

• We have installed Script Runner > section Script Listers is empty.
  • In system info > Listeners we have:
    • Issue Assignment Listener (com.atlassian.jira.event.listeners.history.IssueAssignHistoryListener),
    • Issue Index Listener (com.atlassian.jira.event.listeners.search.IssueIndexListener), Mail Listener (com.atlassian.jira.event.listeners.mail.MailListener)

Any ideas?

Regards.

Cezary

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2015

Perfect detail. It rules out everything I was thinking might be a problem :-( The only other thing I can think of is that someone has implemented some javascript (yuck) that clears it out before the commit is complete. Is that a possibility? As you have the script-runner, could you check to see if it has any "behaviours" defined that might affect fix-version?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2015

Check the resolve transition - what post functions do you currently have on it?

Secondly, do you have any listeners defined?

Suggest an answer